Valley Fever In Dogs and Cats
1 hour CE
In this CE session, we’ll review the latest research on Valley Fever in dogs and cats, including its biology, clinical disease manifestations, diagnosis, differentials, and treatment as well as promising work towards the development of a preventive vaccine.
What you'll learn:
- Understand the cause, geographic range, and acquisition of coccidioidomycosis
- Awareness of the clinical manifestations and differential diagnosis considerations
- Diagnostic tests to perform and key findings that point toward coccidioidomycosis.
- Use of available antifungal drugs, strengths and drawbacks, potential adverse effects, and when to stop treatment
- Latest research on a preventive vaccine
Dr. David Bruyette
DVM, DACVIM (SAIM)
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Julie Dinnage
Director, Veterinary Medical Affairs